Automatically collected information:
The basic information which is collected automatically when you visit the Site are as under:
- About your device.
- Your web browser.
- IP address.
- Time Zone.
- Cookies that are installed in your device.
- Individual web pages or products that you viewed on the Site.
- Terms/key words, web pages or links which redirected you to the site.
- Your interactions with the site .
We collect the above Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information aresomething which the you voluntarily provide to us. It is collected when you use the site on
- Inquire about our products
- Post feedback,
- participate in any online survey,
- Filling up any contact forms to assist you on the request raised.
- At the time of purchase/ attempt to purchase, certain information are collected from you including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including debit/credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the “Automatically collected Information” to screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the “Personally Identifiable Information’ that we collect generally, to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Information to:
– Communicate with you
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Does the Company processes (collects, uses or stores) sensitive personal data or information as defined under the IT (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011?
- If yes: (a) Who does the personal data relate to – e.g., employees, customers (end users), suppliers, etc.; (b) What data is processed – e.g. name, email address, phone number, etc.; and (c) Is the data processed by the Company as “controller” or as a “data processor” on behalf of a third party?
- Please explain the process of collection of customer data by the Company. For e.g., collection forms, internet registration and/or telephone registration.
- Please provide standard format of documents used at the time of data collection. Please (i) provide details of any amendments made to the standard form such that all currently live data subjects are covered; (ii) confirm that except for fact specific deviations, there are no changes made to the standard template; and (iv) describe the manner in which the Company ensures that no deviations are made from the standard template.
- What are the technical (including the security practices and standards) and organisational measures that the Company has in place to protect data? For e.g., does the Company have a compliance programme (including security controls and staff training)?
- Confirmation whether the Company has formulated any information security programme and information security policy under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules 2011.
- Whether the personal information / SPDI is stored in the servers of the Company or with a third party. If the personal information / SPDI is transferred to a third party or stored with a third party, please confirm whether the Company obtains the necessary consent from its customers in this regard.
As described above, we use your “Personal Information” to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Creating an Account or Completing an Order
You can create a customer account with www.butterflyindia.com to complete an order. To open an account, you will need to create a password-protected account with us. In doing so, we require that you provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address (es), and debit/credit/UPI information. We use industry standard e-commerce security technology to protect the Personal Customer Information that you transmit to us when you establish your account and each time you access your account information. When setting up the account, we ask you to create a password. When you want to make a purchase or change your stored Personal Customer Information, we approve your access by verifying your email address with your password.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 .
Your Consent To This Agreement